You asked, we listened & we worked on improving Modula! In the past couple of weeks, our team has been working hard and we’ve managed to release 3 new extensions, add new functionalities to the core product, and squash many bugs.
Drum roll, please! Ladies and gentlemen, we present, the new Modula 2.3.3 version. 🥁
Table of contents
|3 new extensions released|
|[Changelog] Modula Lite|
|[Changelog] Modula PRO|
|[Changelog] Modula Albums|
|[Changelog] Modula Speedup|
|[Changelog] Modula Slider|
|[Changelog] Modula Deeplink|
Without further ado, here are the new extensions:
1. 📷 EXIF
You asked, we delivered.
A new feature we are proud of is the EXIF add-on. EXIF data or Exchange Image File Format is an option that defines specific information related to your image. This function will allow you to display certain data quickly from the image into your gallery and lightbox view. As a result, it stores relevant data such as exposure, GPS location, data, and the time when you captured the picture, ISO, aperture, shutter speed, and the type of camera used.
Modula can now read, display and edit EXIF data. That’s right, you can now edit the EXIF data directly in your Modula galleries. You can choose to display the EXIF data inside the lightbox. Take a look at the screenshots below.
2. ⬇️ Download
We’ve added a new shortcode, to facilitate the generation of a download button, on your album or gallery pages. Moreover, we even gone ahead and added an integration with FancyBox, the lightbox solution used by Modula, to allow individual image downloads.
3. 🔎 Zoom
Now you can zoom in and zoom out your images when viewing them inside the lightbox. Great for people that take detail-rich photographs and want to be able to offer their users the possibility of viewing those details with a lens. Oh, and did I mention that we have multiple zoom effects? You should totally check them out.
Modula Lite 2.3.3
This release includes a bunch of bugfixes as well as quality-of-life improvements.
1. 🔧 Migration tool fixes and improvements:
- When using the Modula Migration tool, and migrating away from Envira (which is what everyone should be doing by this point anyway 😎), we’ll now be properly importing image size, custom dimensions, and gutter. No more gutter-less galleries when migrating.
- Extended the Modula Migration tool to add migration from FooGallery – another great gallery you can (and should) now migrate away from. Because we’re just better, in every possible way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2. 🔧 Copy shortcode button going under text;
- Our team fixed an error where the copy shortcode button went under the text. The bug has been repaired and is behaving as expected. One less button to worry about.
3. 🔧 JS error when trying to lazy load hidden items
- Images were hiding so well that they didn’t even want to show when we tried lazy-loading them. This update brings them out from hiding.
4. 🔧 Lazy load columns.
- We issued a fix for our columns type galleries, where images loaded through lazy load, were stacking one on top of each other. The problem has been solved by adding width and height attributes to our images. Thus, your columns are now less stack-y.
5. Autosuggest URL inside the image URL field;
Much requested, the autosuggest URL field of the image. The URL suggested will be for posts, pages or even WooCommerce products that live in your database.
6. New sharing option: share via email;
6. “Save gallery”/ “Update gallery” Keyboard Shortcut CTRL/CMD + S;
For those keyboard warriors out there, we’ve added an even faster way to update/save your galleries. Just hit the magic keyboard combination (hint: it’s not magic, it’s highly visible, and for reference, it’s CTRL/CMD + S) and you’re done. Easy peasy.
7. Added support for 3rd level child setting.
You know that feeling when you’ve got just too much control over how your galleries end up looking, and you’re tweaking, furiously, and you realise how your life could be SO MUCH better with indenteded settings? Yeah, we went there. Easier to understand in their given context and to explain the relationship between a “master” setting and it’s siblings.
In the screenshot below, toggling the “Share button” to OFF, will subsequently, hide all of its siblings from view. We shouldn’t be cluttering your screen with disabled options anyway, right? (and I really hope our competiton isn’t doing this either – best practices, and all).
Modula PRO 2.3.2
1. 🔧 Vertical filters for custom grid display;
- We fixed a bug that used to occur when using vertical filters. The layout for the images you selected on the settings page will now reflect what was displayed on the front when using the custom grid type.
2. 🔧 Custom cursor;
- The custom cursor wasn’t working with specific hover effects, so we took care of it. Bad cursor, bad.
3. 🔧 Lightbox captions when using max images count setting;
- We found out that the captions were not visible for the hidden images from the max images count setting. As a result, we caught the bug and killed it. With fire. 🔥 (nb: no living creature was hurt during this process)
4. 🔧 Installing extensions from the Extension tab;
- We know that this was unpleasant for you, and we’ve fixed the automatic installer for extensions. Install ALL the extensions.👌
5. 🔧 Duplicated images in lightbox when using shuffle + max image count;
- When using shuffle, there was a bug that duplicated your images. What did we do? We fixed it! More, we made some changes to the way we handle the max number of images shown in the lightbox. Now, all your photos will show in the lightbox.
6. 🔧Under image hover effect;
- It wasn’t behaving as it should have. Now, you can use colors, scaling, icons, captions without any hiccup.
7. 🔧 Badge for extensions;
- More of a cosmetic issue, but we’ve fixed it, nonetheless. Because that’s what we’re all about, adding new features and fixing bugs.
8.🔧 Hover effects hover color bug for columns in grid type.
9. 🔧Title and caption for modula link shortcode;
10. 🔧 Double fancybox enqueue when using multiple combinations of modula-link and modula-gallery shortcodes.
- Our team fixed a bug where, if you had modula-link and modula-gallery on the same page, fancybox script enqueued twice on the page. Double-fixed!
Let’s move on to the functionalities that we’ve added.
Collapsible filters, even on desktop browsers
Email share inside lightbox;
Gallery title and title type setting
- You can now choose the HTML tag you want to use. This helps with keeping your heading tags under control. People that care about their page’s SEO should ❤️ this.
🐻 Moar bug fixes and improvements:
Modula Albums 1.0.5
- 🔧 Album CSS – we had some misplaced CSS. We found it and put it in its place.
- 🔧 Missing image count on hover effects. We found the missing image count and now you should see it too.
- 🔧 Modula Albums widget when license not present/valid.
- Keyboard Save Shortcut;
- Share via email functionality;
- Album data used for EXIF information in hook modula_album_lightbox_item.
- 🔄 Updated social share defaults.
Modula Speedup 1.0.5
- 🔧Fix warning: Division by 0.
- 🔧Fix: Columns not playing along nice. Images were being displayed in a 1×2 size.
Modula Slider 1.0.4
- 🔄 Update conditions for new Modula Add-ons.
Modula Deeplink 1.0.3
- 🔧 Deeplink opening wrong image.
- 🔧 Undefined custom_Link_Name warning.
- 🔧 Undefined index warning.
As always, we’ve made a ton of improvements and bug fixes. We (really) want to become the best gallery plugin on the market (I haven’t checked this, but aren’t we already? 😎) and with every new release, we’re getting closer and closer to that goal.
Thanks for taking the time to read through all of this. 👌