If you’re a photographer or a designer, you’re probably using WordPress to power your portfolio and showcase your photography and artwork. As such, you need a watermark plugin that will help you protect your work and prevent other people from stealing it and using it without permission.
There is no shortage of WordPress watermark plugins in the official repository.
In this post, we’ll share:
- a list of best WordPress watermark plugins;
- a comprehensive review of each watermark plugin presented;
- notable features of every WordPress watermark plugin;
- and so much more.
Table of contents
The Best WordPress Watermark Plugins
If you want to easily apply a watermark to images that are already uploaded to your site, a WordPress watermark will come in handy.
Below, we’ll take look at the best WordPress watermark plugins, both free and paid that will let you apply a custom watermark to your images.
Modula Gallery (freemium)
Modula Gallery is a premium plugin that allows you to create beautiful galleries for your photos. On top of that, it has a dedicated Watermark extension that allows you to add image watermarks to your photos.
The watermark can be applied to images that are already uploaded to your site as well as newly uploaded images. Once you set the watermark, it’s applied automatically to each new image you upload to the site.
Other notable features of Modula Gallery include:
- The ability to password protect your galleries
- The ability to disable right click so nobody can steal your images
- You can apply various filters to your images
- Apply loading and hover effects for your galleries
- And more
Check out Modula’s pricing page for their latest offer. A Modula license allows you to protect your images on one website and gives you support and updates for one year.
Pro Bulk Watermark Plugin for WordPress (premium)
Pro Bulk Watermark Plugin for WordPress is a premium watermark plugin for WordPress that you can download from CodeCanyon. The plugin allows you to add a text or image watermark to your photos.
You can apply watermark in bulk to both existing and newly uploaded images to your site.
Notable features of the plugin include:
- Upload custom watermark image;
- Text Watermark – Enter custom text to use as watermark;
- The watermark doesn’t modify the source images;
- Select image quality and minimum size for the watermark;
- You can modify watermark alignment and add margins around it;
- Exclude certain images and folders from being watermarked.
The price of the plugin is $15 and grants you the use of the plugin on one site and 6 months of support. You can extend the support to one year for an additional $3.75.
Image Watermark (free)
Image Watermark is a free plugin that you can download from the official repository. The plugin has more than 60,000 active installations and a 4-star rating.
The plugin allows you to automatically apply a watermark to newly uploaded images to WordPress as well as to images that are already on your site.
You can apply the watermark in bulk and the plugin also has the option to backup your images and even remove the watermark.
Other notable features of the plugin include:
- Bulk watermark – Apply watermark option in WordPress Media Library;
- Bulk watermark previously uploaded images;
- You can also watermark existing images manually;
- The ability to set watermark transparency and position;
- Option to remove watermark;
- Protect your images from copying via drag and drop;
- Select from 3 methods of applying watermark size: original, custom or scaled;
- The ability to disable right mouse click on images;
Easy Watermark (free)
Easy Watermark is another free watermark plugin that can be downloaded from the official repository. The plugin has over 40,000 installations and a 4-star rating. This is a rather straightforward plugin that applies a watermark to existing and new images uploaded to your site.
You can choose between a text or image watermark and you can also apply both a text and an image watermark on the same photo.
You can choose the transparency and the opacity of the watermark and notable features include:
- Image watermark can be a JPG, PNG, or GIF;
- Full support for transparency and alpha channel in PNG and GIF files;
- JPG and GIF files and text can have opacity set (from 0 to 100%);
- Text watermark is created using TTF fonts;
- Text color, size, and rotation can be set;
- You can add text watermark;
- The plugin can create image backups and allows to easily restore images.
WP Photo Album Plus (free)
The WP Photo Album Plus is a plugin that lets you create photo albums and apply watermark to images in those albums.
You can add an image or a text based watermark however, since this not the primary function of the plugin, it doesn’t have as many options as some of the other plugins on this list.
A few notable features include:
- Full control over the photo and album display sizes, responsive as well as static;
- Control over links from any type of image;
- Full control over metadata: EXIF, iptc can be used by keywords in item descriptions;
- Up to 10 custom defined metadata fields, for albums and for media items;
- Front-end uploads;
- Bulk imports;
- A built-in lightbox overlay system;
- And more.
Product Watermark for WooCommerce (free)
If you want to protect your product images, then a watermark plugin that was designed to work with WooCommerce specifically is a good choice. Product Watermark for WooCommerce does as its name implies: it allows you to apply a custom watermark to WooCommerce product images.
You can apply an image copyright symbol, company logo or text. The watermark can be applied in a few clicks and you can choose the position of the watermark.
Other notable features include:
- Add watermark for product images;
- Support for watermark transparency;
- The ability to apply custom CSS to style the front-end pages;
- Custom watermark position.
This plugin can be downloaded for free from the official repository although it’s worth mentioning that the plugin has a premium version that offers more features. Paid features include the ability to set a custom size for the watermark and apply different watermarks to different images, among others. The paid version of the plugin can be purchased for $34 for a single site.
As you can see, there are plenty of watermark plugins that will help you protect your photos. Most of them have a free version so give them a try so you can find the best WordPress watermark plugin for your needs.
Once you start working in this field, you need to make sure that your work is protected and not stolen. That’s why you should watermark your pictures. Your style is unique, and you’d better take care to make your mark on the images.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are looking for the best free watermark WordPress plugin, Image Watermark is your match. You can watermark images already uploaded to Media Library and set the watermark transparency/opacity. It also comes with a remove watermark feature, an image backup functionality, the option to remove watermark, and image protection. All this in one free plugin!
Easy Watermark comes with a big amount of features and it is totally free. You can apply an image or a text watermark and you can even add both of them. This free WordPress watermark plugin also allow you to save your image watermark as GIF, JPG, and PNG files. Awesome, right?
There is only one answer: Product Watermark for WooCommerce. This WordPress watermark plugin allows you to apply watermark to your product images. These watermarks can be your company logo, an image copyright symbol or a text.
Pro Bulk Watermark plugin for WordPress provides additional features that free watermark plugins don’t offer. It allows you to modify watermark alignment and add margins around it, select image quality and choose the minimum size for the watermark. There’s much more for you – the watermark doesn’t modify the source images.