Ever wanted to create a grid gallery without coding skills? Welcome aboard! We will walk you through all the steps of creating image galleries with grid layout.
WordPress is the most well-known hosting provider thanks to its content management systems and the significant number of plugins specially created to increase your workflow. Well, there are many image gallery plugins intended to beautify your website, but if you want a fully-customizable gallery builder that offers a grid layout, go with Modula.
In this article, we will show you:
- how to make a grid gallery in WordPress;
- steps to follow when making an image gallery with grid layout using Modula;
- features that will make your gallery more visually appealing;
- and much more.
Table of contents
🛠 Install and activate Modula
First of all, I will show you how to install and activate Modula. Go to your WordPress dashboard > Plugins > Add New.
In the upper right corner, you will see a search bar, so type Modula. Once you found it, click Install Now.
Just wait a couple of seconds until the installation process is over to activate the plugin. How can you do that? Press Activate and the Modula plugin will pop up in your WordPress menu. This process applies to each free plugin.
🏞 Create an image gallery
From now on, every time you want to create an image gallery using this plugin, go to the Modula icon and click on Add New.
To make sure you don’t forget later, add a descriptive title to your WordPress gallery. I will name mine “Art of portraits”. Then, you can start uploading your images and arrange them as you please.
🔲 Add custom grid
One of the best things about Modula is that you can customize your galleries as you wish and add various gallery types: creative, custom, masonry, and slider. You can also create galleries with thumbnails or multimedia galleries, but right now, I’ll teach you how to create a grid gallery.
After you upload your images, scroll down and go to General Settings. Here you will find all the customization options provided by Modula. In the gallery type, tick custom grid.
You can resize your pictures by changing heights, widths, and aspect ratio. Awesome!
➕ Add more customization options
There’s more. Everything here is customizable, and you can add a lot more options to beautify your galleries:
- Hover effects;
- Loading effects;
- Social icons;
- Lightbox slideshow;
- Filterable galleries;
- And much more.
However, if you think about upgrading to the premium version, you will benefit from more advanced features:
- Albums creation – to organize your galleries according to your style;
- Password-protection and the ability to add watermark to your pictures;
- Migration tool – to move your galleries to another plugin;
- Video extension – to include videos in your galleries or create video galleries;
- Speed up extension – to load your images as fast as possible;
- Zoom extension – so that your website visitors can see your masterpieces in detail;
- EXIF extension – to display data from your image directly into your gallery and lightbox view;
- …And give it a try to discover more!
✅ Save your grid gallery and add it to your website
Does your WordPress grid gallery look the way you want it to? If yes, let’s see how you can add it to your WordPress website. First, click Save Gallery, and it will automatically generate a shortcode.
Next, you can copy and paste the shortcode wherever you want – into a page or post. Easy as that!
⭐ Final thoughts – How to make a grid gallery in WordPress
Thanks to Modula and its whistles and bells, creating a grid gallery in WordPress is easier than you might think. And don’t forget – you can create various galleries for different purposes and enhance your website’s look.