Whether you are a company, photographer, or video editor, a video portfolio is essential for your potential clients.
Having a video portfolio website to showcase your masterpieces will help you grow your business and attract clients, especially since videos became an essential piece of marketing.
This article will help you understand:
- What tool to use when creating create a WordPress video portfolio;
- How to make a video portfolio on WordPress;
- More customization to showcase your videos;
- And much more.
Table of contents
🥁 Why use Modula to create a video portfolio on your WordPress website?
“ Modula is the best gallery plugin for WordPress I’ve ever used. It’s fast, easy to get started, and has some killer features. It’s also super customizable. As a developer, I appreciate that for my clients. As a user, I appreciate that I don’t need to add any code to get things the way I want!”Joe casabona
But what makes Joe trust Modula? What can Modula offer you?
- 4 grid types – creative, custom, slider, and masonry;
- Gallery features: 42 image hover effects, lightbox gallery, filterable galleries, and 4 image loading effects;
- Social sharing button – allow your website visitors to share your masterpieces on social media platforms;
- Delete WordPress media files from your gallery;
- Video extension – to include videos in your galleries or create video galleries;
- Albums creation – to organize your galleries into albums;
- Password-protection – create password-protected media files;
- Add watermark to your pictures – you can add an image or a text to protect your photos from image theft;
- Speed up extension – to load your photos as fast as possible;
- Migration tool – to move your galleries to another plugin;
- Zoom extension – so that your website visitors can see your masterpieces in detail;
- Download Extension – create galleries with downloadable images;
- EXIF extension – to display data from your image directly into your gallery and lightbox view;
- Pagination – allows you to showcase your gallery images/videos on pages.
- Modula Whitelabel – to replace any occurrence of Modula with your brand name and logo;
- Modula Defaults – to create multiple gallery defaults, each with its unique name and values;
- User Roles – allow admins to decide which user roles can create, edit, and remove galleries and albums, as well as defaults/presets.
🧰 How to create a WordPress video portfolio
To begin with, you will need this plugin installed and activated. It is an easy process that won’t take more than one minute.
🛠 Install and activate Modula
Go to your WordPress dashboard, look for the Plugins section, and then click Add New.
You will be redirected to a page with all free WordPress plugins. Type Modula in the search bar on the upper right corner, and when you see it, click Install Now.
Just wait a couple of seconds until the installation process is over to activate the plugin. How can you do that? Click Activate, and the Modula plugin will pop up in your WordPress menu. You can follow this process for every free WordPress plugin.
🏞 Create your first gallery
From now on, every time you want to create a WordPress gallery for your portfolio page, go to Modula icon and click Add New.
Start by naming your gallery and then upload your image files. Don’t forget that Modula comes with a drag and drop builder that allows you to arrange images as you please.
📹 Add videos to your gallery
Once you’ve uploaded images to your gallery, all you have to do is embed videos. How? With Modula, you can easily add videos to your WordPress page and create a Youtube video gallery as well as a Vimeo video gallery. You can even upload your own videos in your WordPress media library.
In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to embed Youtube videos to your Modula gallery. If you hover your mouse cursor over every image, there will appear three icons: pencil (to edit image’s metadata), reverse (to replace your image file), and trash (to delete image files). Click on the pencil icon to edit your image.
Here, Modula lets you assign to your image a title, caption, alt text, EXIF data, filters, and so on. If you want to embed a Youtube video, paste the link into the Video URL box, and then click Save and Save & Close.
You can follow the same steps to embed Vimeo videos to your Modula gallery. There’s more. Modula PRO comes with a Video Extension intended to make your WordPress video portfolio more engaging.
➕ Add more customizations
If you choose to install Modula Lite, you will get 4 grid types, image loading effects, filterable galleries, hover effects, galleries with thumbnails, social icons, etc. But if you upgrade to Modula PRO, you will get some additional features and powerful extensions that will give you more control over your WordPress galleries.
✅ Save your video gallery
If your WordPress video gallery looks the way you want it, click Save Gallery.
Modula will generate a shortcode with your video gallery. All you have to do now is copy and paste the link into a page/post or create a new one.
- 🔨 How to build a gallery in Beaver Builder using Modula;
- ⛏ How to add gallery in Elementor using Modula;
- 🔧 How to add a photo gallery in Divi.
⭐ Final thoughts – WordPress video portfolio
Whether you’re a beginner or professional, Modula is a good choice for everyone. It is user-friendly, mobile responsive, and provides all the whistles and bells you’d expect from a gallery plugin.
Create your WordPress video portfolio using Modula and boost your website!