BLACK FRIDAY SALE 40% OFF on new purchases, early renewals, or upgrades. Click here to apply Discount
Modula Caption and Title Configuration
Adding Captions to Modula Galleries
To enter caption text for your images, choose your desired gallery by heading to Modula > Galleries and going to the gallery edit page for any of your galleries created with Modula.
Then click the edit icon (highlighted below) on any one of your images:
And then enter your desired caption text into the Caption Text area highlighted in the screenshot below:
Changing Title and Caption Colors
Using the caption color setting, you can easily select the color you’d like the image captions in your Modula galleries to appear. This can be done by pasting in a hex tag you want to use or dragging around and experimenting with different colors.
Modula Title and Captions Settings (click the links below to see demos for each setting)
- Show Gallery Title – enabling this option will display the gallery’s title on the page, just above the gallery. With the setting below ‘Title type’ you can choose what HTML element to use for the output:
- Hide title – hide image titles from your gallery when turned on. If turned off, it will display the title on the thumbnail on hover. It will not hide the title inside the lightbox – that setting can be controlled from Lightbox & Links.
- Title color – change the color of the title. It will apply only to the title displayed on the thumbnail on hover, as seen in the demos. The same goes for all the settings below.
- Title font size – change the font size for your title (in pixels).
- Mobile title font size – enter the title’s size for mobile devices.
- Title font– choose the font family for your title – set to default which will take the font family used by the theme.
We also have an article that explains how to add a custom font for image titles.
- Title font weight– Set the font weight of your title. Default/light/regular/bold.
- Hide caption – hide image caption from your gallery when turned on. If turned off, it will display the caption on the thumbnail on hover. It will not hide the caption inside the lightbox – that setting can be controlled separately from Lightbox & Links.
- Caption color – choose the caption’s color. It will apply only to the caption displayed on the thumbnail on hover, as seen in the demos. The same goes for all the settings below.
- Caption font size – enter the font size for your caption (in pixels).
- Caption font – choose the font family for your caption – set to default which will take the font family used by the theme.
✔ We also have an article that explains how to add a custom font for image captions.
- Caption font style – Set the font style of your caption. It can be default/light/regular/bold.
- Mobile caption font size – enter caption size for mobile devices.
How to add HTML to your caption/title
You can add HTML for your image title or caption. This will be displayed inside the lightbox under the image or on hover. You will have to go to your gallery > edit it > then edit the desired image > and inside the title or caption fields > add the HTML code. If you want to add a link, you can use for example:
<a href="enter your url here">Click HERE for more information</a>
If you want to add additional lines below the caption, you can do this directly in the Caption field, one under the other using the <br> tag.
Was this article helpful?
About The Author
Mihaela has a strong affinity for literature - from the classical to the contemporary, she finds great solace in the written word. She is a dog enthusiast and has a particular fondness for spending time with her furry friends.